Payday Loans Can Offer Easy Access to Funds
- Posted on
Payday loans are helpful for people who need quick cash and don’t have access to traditional sources. They are an option for those who may not be eligible for other forms of lending.
Payday loans can be costly, and there is a chance that the borrower may default on the loan, which can lead to hefty late fees.
In reality, they’re loans you want to use as a last resort.
If you still need to use them, here are some tips to help you stay safe:
1. Check your credit report before you apply for a payday loan. If there are any negative items on your credit report, it could affect your ability to get a loan from a lender.
2. Make sure the amount you are borrowing is less than or equal to what you would be able to get from an unsecured personal loan at a very high interest rate.
3. Consider getting extra cash flow by taking out multiple small loans instead of one large one. This will spread out your payments over a longer period of time and give you a chance to catch up on your bills without having to worry about running out of money for a very long time.
4. Conduct periodic reviews of your budget to make sure you are staying within your means, and if you start to go into debt, stop using the loan before it gets too late.
List of alternatives to payday loans:
1. Sell something on eBay (if you have something valuable to sell)
2. Use a credit card to get cashback rather than using a credit card to buy things you don’t need
3. Ask your parents or friends or whoever else you trust for short term, low interest loans against the value of your future earning potential
4. If you are willing to travel, you can find part-time or temporary work as a house sitter or caretaker for an elderly person or people with pets. House sitting is a great way to meet people in your area who may need help with their home and to make some extra money.
5. Contact your local church or a charitable organization and see if they can help you out
6. Contact your local social services office and see if they can help you out
7. Consider getting extra cash flow by taking out multiple small loans instead of one large one.
How to apply for payday loans online:
1. There are many websites that offer to connect you with lenders. If you are applying for a payday loan online, you should only use websites you trust. This means websites that are regulated by the government, or at least operated by a reputable company.
2. Be wary of websites that ask for a great deal of personal information. Some scammers will set up fake websites which look real, but they are really designed to steal your information.
3. Make sure the website you are contacting provides instant approval.
This is especially important if you are contacting several different lenders because if you don’t get approved by any of them, you could end up losing your money and having to contact the website multiple times for “rejection” just to make sure you aren’t dealing with a scammer.
Payday loans are legal in most US states
However, some states have laws against certain lenders operating within their borders.
It is important to check with your state’s financial regulators to find out if there are any restrictions against using payday loans in your area.
If you live in an area where it is illegal for lenders to operate, you can still apply for a loan by using another method. You may want to consider using a pawn shop instead of a lender who is regulated by the government.
This is especially true if you have bad credit or no credit at all.
Just because a lender is not regulated by the government does not mean they are not legitimate. Legitimate lenders will disclose the interest rates and other terms of their loans before you sign anything.
Scammers will attempt to mislead you into believing that you are getting a great deal, when in fact, you are signing away your rights and are forced to pay an outrageous amount of interest.
When should I use payday loans?
The answer is simple… whenever you need money fast!
Payday loans are not for long-term use. They are only meant to be a short-term solution for emergencies. However, for many people, payday loans provide a much-needed “breather” during difficult financial times.
If you can afford to pay off your loan on time, then you probably do not need this type of financial assistance.
However, if you cannot afford to pay back your loan on time, or if you have a valid reason (like an emergency) why you cannot afford to pay it back, then you should consider using a payday loan.
Remember, the best way to make sure you do not end up with a problem loan is to learn all about it before you sign anything. That’s why I’ve written this guide which will hopefully answer most (if not all) of your questions and put an end to any fears you may still have about using these beneficial loans.
If you decide to apply for a payday loan anyway, at the very least be aware of what you are getting yourself into… so you can make a fully informed decision as to whether or not this is the right financial solution for you.